So, Thursday night ended with a bang. Nathan and I got into a huge fight that night around 8p.m. and it didn't end until somewhere around 12p.m. Causing him to be a few hours late for work and me to have a severe headache and tired as hell but so stressed I couldn't really sleep.
Why did we fight? well it was dumb but it started because My family was calling about the baby because they had heard that Nathan's youngest picked him up and dropped him. being that he's only 2 months old the family was scared and didn't know the full details of how far he fell etc. So to them he fell on the ground, when in real life he only fell a few inches back into his pack-n-play.
Well, Nathan felt like my family was basically verbally attacking his daughter so he got defensive and instead of freaking out on them he flipped out on me. I then began to bring up more reasons on why I'm flipped out and so grouchy lately.
Ok to any woman out there that is a step-mother, do you get the short end of the stick? Do you get treated crappy by your step-children because your not their real mother? well for a while and still a little bit, I do. and I hate it. it's depressing and stressful to be looked at by children like your an idiot and don't need to be answered to.
I talked to Nate about it and we screamed back and forth some more. But finally later that night we stoped yelling and began to actually talk it out. The night ended like I said with me feeling sick and both of us stressed. Nathan left for work and I was home with the kids.
The next morning was Friday the 26Th. Everything was pretty much back to normal and the stress level was a lot lower. Plus the girls went to their mothers around 6p.m. which gave Nathan and me a weekend of just us and the baby there for we had time to talk about the issues at hand.
Now I've noticed that he talks to the girls more about treating me with respect and reminds them more often that they need to listen to me. "If Jess says no it means no, don't come and ask me if she says no." That's the big thing. they constantly will ask me something, I'll say no then they turn their noses up and run to daddy who usually doesn't realise I've said no and then the girls get away with doing whatever I've said no to. which in return adds to our fighting.
But as I said, Nate and I are wising up to their actions and their tricks and I think if we keep it up things around the house will be a lot easier for me. I just want a little more respect, and I believe soon that I will get it. I mean it really is stressful to be in charge of two kids that refuse to listen to you. I feel helpless and it only ends up making me mad and then I'm mean to them and don't even want to deal with it anymore.
Being a Step-mother is hard. I'm doing my best to treat them like they are my own, but sometimes it's really difficult.
Saturday I went to the Dentist, YAY! I had two small cavities....bad bad bad, but actually apparently for just having a baby that's pretty good. (according to the dentist) I'm a bit angry tho because no one informed me that my insurance probably only pays for 6 x-rays and guess what? the dentist took like 9 or more! YAY I just can't wait to get my Bill! ERR!
Sunday was Nathan's grandpa's 80Th birthday party! ya...I know...80! wow that's old. And this fella is still as active as can be. He's our land lord and he's always here fixing stuff and re-painting or tearing things down. Basically things any other 80 year old wouldn't be doing. Shoot any 80 year old I know would be home on the couch or in a recliner watching TV. But anyways we went to his party and saw a lot of family. It was a great day.
The girls came home later that evening and as usual were very very hyper!
But over all like I said a weekend that started in screaming ended on good terms.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Quite the Weekend
Posted by Hixons_mommy at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
yes it's hard being a step mom i should know sense im yours .But as long as you show them love things will be ok right i think we do really good dont we .I love you just like if you where my own child. Love your stepmom
Post a Comment